Kaudulla Evening Safari
Meet your experienced safari driver at your hotel lobby for a 2.5–3 hour evening safari tour of Kaudulla National Park. It’s a 30-minute drive from Habarana to Kaudulla National Park. Kaudulla Safari is a once-in-a-lifetime wildlife experience.
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Kaudulla Tank during the dry season. The Kaudulla Elephants gathering, according to wildlife officials, is one of the world’s largest gatherings of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grass growing on the Kaudulla tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, grey langurs, purple-faced leaf monkeys, porcupines, and assorted birds.
At the end of the Kaudulla Evening Safari, depending on the location of your hotel, choose to visit the photo stop at sunset of Minneriya Tank and the standing big Buddha at Giritale.
When your Kaudulla Evening Safari tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
Kaudulla Evening Safari Include:
- Private Safari jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Jeep Driver
- Kaudulla National Park Entrance Ticket
- Driver & jeep entry fees
- Kaudulla National Park Service fee $10
- Kaudulla National Park VAT Tax 15%
- Free Hotel pickup and drop-off (Minneriya city area hotels)
Kaudulla Evening Safari Exclude:
- Food and drink
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger (Recommend)
Best period for visit Kaudulla National Park
Around the year, you can see some elephants, other animals, and birds. The best time to see elephants is from July to October.
Important Info: Elephant Migration between Minneriya, Kaudulla, Hurulu Eco Park & Galoya Eco Park.
Within that region, there are four national parks within close proximity. Minneriya National Park, Kaudulla National Park, Hurulu Eco Park, and Galoya Eco Park are the four of them. Read more
Kaudulla Evening Safari Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. Contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Kaudulla Evening Safari Departure Location Name:
> Hotel pickup and drop-off: We have hotel pickup and drop-off by the same safari jeep or by car from hotels in Habarana, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Minneriya, Giritale, Polonnaruwa, Kandalama, Kandy, Passikudah and Trincomalee.
Directions to Departure Location:
# Infront car park of Kaudulla National Park | GPS
# In front of ‘ACME Grand hotel’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Habarana Police Bus Stop’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya | GPS
# In front of ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya | GPS
Kaudulla Evening Safari Return Location:
Returns to original departure point
Kaudulla Evening Safari Suitable for children?
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Kaudulla Safari Safety Guideline:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke or take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals. Drones are not allowed.
Please read our ‘Safety Guidelines‘ for more details about how the safari tours operate.
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Kaudulla National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Minneriya National Park’ or ‘Hurulu Eco park’ for Free as an Alternative Tour option for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)