Kaudulla Half Day Safari Tour Summary:
Meet your experienced safari game driver at 6 a.m. or 1 p.m. from your hotel for a morning or evening half-day safari tour in Kaudulla National Park. It’s a 30-minute drive from Habarana to Kaudulla National Park. Kaudulla Safari is a once-in-a-lifetime wildlife experience. Kaudulla half-day safari allows you more time to stay inside the park and watch animals without rushing.
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Kaudulla Tank during the dry season. The Kaudulla Elephants gathering, according to wildlife officials, is one of the world’s largest gatherings of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grass growing on the Kaudulla tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, grey langurs, purple-faced leaf monkeys, porcupines, and assorted birds.
At the end of the Kaudulla half-day safari, depending on the location of your hotel, choose to visit the photo stop at sunset of Minneriya Tank and the standing big Buddha at Giritale. (Evening session only.)
When your Kaudulla half-day safari tour is complete, the vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
- Private Safari Jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Driver
- Kaudulla Park Entrance Ticket
- Driver & jeep entry fees
- Kaudulla Park Service fee $10
- National Park VAT Tax 15%
- Half Day Safari Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger
Kaudulla half-day safari Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. Contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Kaudulla half-day safari Departure Location Name:
> Free Pickup & drop off – Hotels within Minneriya city.
> For hotels in Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla & Kandalama pickup/drop off with additional fee
Directions to Kaudulla half-day safari Departure Location:
# Kaudulla park’s outside car park (Infront of park entrance)
# In Front of ‘Acme grand hotel’, Habarana / Habarana Police Bus stop’
# In Front of ‘ Gunners Club’ (P & S Restaurant) , Minneriya’
# In Front of ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya (Main road)
Kaudulla half-day safari Return Location:
Returns to original departure point
Is Kaudulla half-day safari Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along for Kaudulla half-day safari:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Important to know:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke & take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- Please include your Mobile / Local contact number & Hotel pickup details at the booking
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Kaudulla National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Minneriya National Park jeep safari’ or ‘Eco park jeep safari’ as an Alternative Tour option without additional fee for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)