Kaudulla Morning Safari:
Meet your experienced safari driver at your hotel lobby for a 2.5–3 hour morning safari tour of Kaudulla National Park. It’s a 30-minute drive from Habarana to Kaudulla National Park. Kaudulla Safari is a once-in-a-lifetime wildlife experience.
Experience “The Gathering,” a name given to the elephants that assemble on the banks of the Kaudulla Tank during the dry season. The Kaudulla Elephants gathering, according to wildlife officials, is one of the world’s largest gatherings of wild Asian elephants at any given time.
View the famous elephants as they graze on the grass growing on the Kaudulla tank bed. Perhaps you’ll spot any of the park’s diverse wildlife, including deer, wild buffalo, grey langurs, purple-faced leaf monkeys, porcupines, and assorted birds.
At the end of the Kaudulla Morning Safari, depending on the location of your hotel, choose to visit the photo stop at sunset of Minneriya Tank and the standing big Buddha at Giritale.
When your Kaudulla Morning Safari tour is complete, your vehicle will return you to your hotel or original departure point.
- Private Safari Jeep just for your party
- Professional Safari Game Driver
- Kaudulla Park Entrance Tickets
- Driver & jeep entry fees
- Kaudulla Park Service fee $10
- Kaudulla Park VAT Tax 15%
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Tips for Safari Driver & park ranger
Best period for visit Kaudulla National Park
Around the year can see some elephants, other animals & Birds. From May to September is the best season for see many elephants.
Important Info: Elephant Migration between Minneriya, Kaudulla, Hurulu Eco Park & Galoya Eco Park. Within that region, there are four national parks within close proximity. Minneriya National Park, Kaudulla National Park, Hurulu Eco Park, and Galoya Eco Park are the four of them. Read more
Kaudulla Safari Departure Time Comments:
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Hotel pickups commence may prior to this time as per your hotel location. Contact us verify your exact pickup time.
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Kaudulla Safari Departure Location Name:
> Hotel pickup and drop-off: We have hotel pickup and drop-off by the same safari jeep or by car from hotels in Habarana, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Minneriya, Giritale, Polonnaruwa, Kandalama, Kandy, Passikudah and Trincomalee.
Directions to Kaudulla Safari Departure Location:
# Infront car park of Kaudulla National Park | GPS
# In front of ‘ACME Grand hotel’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Habarana Police Bus Stop’, Habarana | GPS
# In front of ‘Gunners Club’ (G & S Restaurant), Minneriya | GPS
# In front of ‘Ekho Sigiriya Hotel’, Sigiriya | GPS
Kaudulla Safari Return Location:
Returns to original departure point
Is Kaudulla Safari Suitable for children:
Yes, children will love the spectacle of the gathering herds, often with many baby elephants
What to wear or bring along for Kaudulla Safari:
Light cool clothing, a cap / Hat, sunscreen, drinking water and a camera
Kaudulla Safari Safety Guideline:
Guests are not permitted to get off the jeep and walk around the park. Please do not smoke or take alcoholic drinks inside the park and dispose of litter responsibly. Do not feed any of the animals. Drones are not allowed.
Please read our ‘Safety Guidelines‘ for more details about how the safari tours operate.
- Cancellations received 15 days (or more) of departure will incur a penalty of 10% per person.
- Cancellations received within 14 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 7 days of departure will incur a penalty of 75% per person.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
Additional Tour Information:
- For Same day & Next day bookings, Please you must contact us by Call or SMS / WhatsApp / Viber with mention exact pickup Location to +94776487757
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Child below 5 Years are Free of charge. / Child above 11 years apply for Adult ticket.
- At some season there is less number of elephants can see in Kaudulla National Park, so as that time we change the tour for ‘Minneriya National Park‘ with additional fee or ‘Hurulu Eco park’ without additional fee as an Alternative Tour option for given you the better Safari experience. (No Full / Partial Refund for Safari Tour Changes)